Thursday, July 11, 2013

So I'm a Dr....

My husband got this for me. Wrong type of Dr but still cute. ^^
A couple of weeks ago I got my Doctorate. I am really happy, of course but I've more or less kept it quiet. Not because I wanted to, but as I was submitting my thesis for archival, I was down with the most awful cold. :P Imagine running around the uni to get signatures with dripping nose, sneezing and coughing. So I never got around to announcing it. But despite the cold, I still managed to come up with a thesis archival outfit. ^^

My dress is from Miss Patina London.
My shoes are from Gorman.
I finally told people that I got my letter and all after many people kept asking me how my PhD is going. I guess the reality that it was all done hit me when I packed up my desk at my uni and vacated it. It just felt pretty final. But I guess this is just the beginning, right? ;;^^


As I conclude my PhD journey, I would like to share this quote by Ursula K. Le Guin which summed up the whole PhD journey for me.


Love,
from me to u.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails